On the pulse of petrochemistry, at BASF in Ludwigshafen, 80 participants met in October this year for the annual conference of the DGMK Petrochemistry Division. Prof. Dr. Dieter Vogt, Chairman DGMK-Division "Petrochemistry" and Katrin Friese, Vice President Process Catalysis R&D, BASF opened the conference, which was dedicated to the topic "The Role of Catalysis for the Energy Transition".
27 oral presentations and 17 poster speakers highlighted various aspects of this topic as industrial catalytic processes, catalysis in fuel production, catalytic production and utilization of hydrogen, catalytic biomass and innovative catalyst materials and processes. Special gratitude goes to our renowned keynote speaker:
- Blanke, BP Europa SE, Advanced Fuels Products Bochum
- Göhrt, INEOS Manufacturing Deutschland GmbH (INEOS in Cologne)
- Jess, University of Bayreuth
- Vicari, BASF SE, Ludwigshafen
- Frei, L. Karwacki, BASF SE, RCC/PP, Ludwigshafen,
- Seidensticker, TU Dortmund University
- Muhler, Ruhr University Bochum
Kira Ehmann, Department of Molecular Catalysis, Max Planck Institute for Chemical Energy Conversion, Mülheim an der Ruhr received the Poster Award with her contribution on 'Catalyst Recycling by a Self-Separation of the Product Phase in the Production of Formic Acid from Carbon Dioxide'.