High competition on the electricity market with falling stock exchange prices and at the same time more demanding burdens due to an increasing demand for flexibility are the reality for conventional power plants. At the same time, the steady growth in renewable power generation is being driven by a large number of new technologies and plant types which first have to prove themselves in long-term operation. For damage analysts, manufacturers, operators, and insurers, weak points, systematic errors, and possible risks of energy or chemical plants regarding recurrent or unexpected damage are therefore indispensable.
Technical Committee Inspection and Material Properties
46th VDI Annual Conference Damage Analysis in Energy Technology 2020 - Renewable Power Generation, Conventional Power Plants, Chemical and Petrochemical Industry
At the technical-scientific conference, you can expect numerous lectures from proven experts. Listen to lectures on the following main topics:
- Additive manufacturing in power engineering: Potential and current status
- Renewable power generation through wind, biogas and water
- Examples from the chemical and petrochemical industry
- Damage to gas and steam turbines and compressors
- High temperature corrosion damage
- Remaining service life of existing plants
The DGMK is the conceptual co-sponsor of the event.
Further information on the event, the programme and registration can be found on the pages of the VDI Wissensforum GmbH.