Pursuant to §10 para. 3 of the Statutes, the DGMK Board invites you to the Ordinary General Meeting 2022, which will be held this year as an attendance event.
DGMK-Event / DGMK
Ordinary General Assembly of the DGMK 2022
- Opening of the o. General Assembly 2022 by the Chairman of DGMK, Robert Frimpong.
- Adoption of the DGMK Annual Report for 2021; the Annual Report was published in the journal EEK Technology & Transformation of Fossil and Green Energy Sources; see EEK 138, issue 6/2022, pp. 40 - 55.
- Receipt of the auditors' report and adoption of the annual financial statement for the fiscal year from 01.01.2021 to 31.12.2021; see EEK 138, issue 6/2022, p. 54 of the annual report for 2021.
- Discharge of the Executive Board for the year 2021.
- Discharge of the management for the year 2021.
- Amendments to the Articles of Association (Section 10 (6) and (7)); see the proposals of the Executive Board below.
- Report of the Executive Board on the development of the Company in the current year 2022.
- Report of the heads of the departments of the DGMK
- Report of the Executive Board on the financial situation of the Society with a view to 2023 and approval of the budget for 2023. Adoption of the scale of contributions for 2023 (Section 10 (1) of the Articles of Association).
- Election of the Executive Board member (Section 11 (3) of the Articles of Association); see Executive Board proposal below.
- Appointments to the Scientific Advisory Board (§ 15 para. 3 of the Statutes); see the proposals of the Executive Board below.
- Election of the auditors of DGMK for the financial year 2023; the Board proposes to elect Neptune Energy Deutschland GmbH and Wintershall Dea Deutschland GmbH.
The general meeting will be followed by the presentation of the Carl Zerbe Award to Dr.-Ing. Philipp Demling and a lecture by the award winner.
If you have any other suggestions for the agenda, please send them in writing to the DGMK office by October 15, 2022.
Note on agenda item 6 "Amendments to the Articles of Association":
- The board has decided to strive for an amendment of the statutes concerning § 18 Abs 4. of the DGMK statutes. This should also allow young Austrian scientists to apply for the prizes.
§ 18 para 4. shall read in the future:
Upon resolution of the Executive Board, outstanding scientific work by young scientists at German or Austrian universities or research institutions may be honored by means of prizes. The Executive Board shall issue guidelines for this purpose.
- The Executive Board has submitted further amendments to the Articles of Association concerning § 15 Scientific Advisory Board. On the one hand, the composition and tasks are updated, on the other hand, the advisory board shall comprise a maximum of 15 experts.
§ 15 shall read in the future:
(1) The Scientific Advisory Board shall advise the Executive Board and the Management Board on current or planned work programs relating to the purpose of the Society as defined in § 2 of these Articles of Association.
It also participates in the awarding of the Carl Engler Medal (see § 18 para. 3)
(2) The Advisory Board is interdisciplinary composed of different fields of expertise, it supports the Board of Directors or the Management of DGMK on request in the strategic evaluation of research topics and sees itself as an impulse generator for potential expansions of activities.
In particular, the Advisory Board promotes the maintenance of external technical research networks and the identification of new networks and ecosystems to support the scientific activities of DGMK.
(3) The members of the Scientific Advisory Board shall serve in an honorary capacity. They belong to this body by appointment (para. 4) or by virtue of office (para. 5).
(4) Upon proposal of the Executive Board, up to 15 experts shall be appointed by the General Assembly for a term of four years. Reappointment is permissible.
(5) Members of the Scientific Advisory Board by virtue of office are: The chairman of the Technical Committee Petroleum and Fuel Standardization (FAM); the German representative in the Scientific Programme Committee of the World Petroleum Council; the chairmen of the DGMK district groups.
(6) Meetings of the Scientific Advisory Board shall be convened and chaired by the Chairperson of the Board or a representative appointed by the Board.
The executive committee submits these proposals to the general meeting for voting in accordance with § 10 Para. 6 and 7 of the statutes.
Note on agenda item 10 "Election of the Executive Board member":
- On Dec. 31, 2022, the statutory term of office of Mr. Jens Müller-Belau as Head of the DGMK Division Processing and Application. The Processing and Application Division proposes to re-elect Jens Müller-Belau as Head of the Division and thus to the Board of DGMK for the term of office from 01.01.2023 to 31.12.2026.
The Executive Board shall submit this proposal to the General Meeting for a vote in accordance with Section 11 (3) or Section 13 (4) of the Articles of Association.
Comment on agenda item 11 "Appointments to the Scientific Advisory Board":
- On December 31, 2022, the statutory term of office of Univ.-Prof. Dr. Bernhard Geringer, Vienna University of Technology, Dr.-Ing. Walter Leitner, RWTH Aachen and Max Planck Institute for Chemical Energy Conversion, Mülheim a.d.R. and Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Rappuhn, Seevetal-Hittfeld as members of the Scientific Advisory Board of DGMK. The three gentlemen are willing to continue to serve on the Advisory Board.
The Board proposes to reappoint Prof. Dr. Geringer, Prof. Dr. Leitner and Dipl.-Ing. Rappuhn to the Scientific Advisory Board of the DGMK for the term of office from 01.01.2023 to 31.12.2026.
- The Executive Board proposes that Prof. Dr.-Ing. Martin Kaltschmitt, Technical University of Hamburg
Environmental Technology and Energy Management to the Scientific Advisory Board for the term of office from 01.01.2023 to 31.12.2026.
Martin Kaltschmitt received his diploma in 'Deep Drilling Technology, Oil and Gas Production' from the Technical University of Clausthal in 1986. In 1990, he received his doctorate in the field of renewable energies from the University of Stuttgart, and in the mid/late 1990s he qualified as a professor. After a research stay at King's College in London and the University of California in Berkeley, he took over the management of the Institut für Energetik und Umwelt (IE) gemeinnützige GmbH at the beginning of 2001. He accepted the call of the TU Hamburg in 2006, combined with the management of the Institute for Environmental Technology and Energy Economics (IUE). In parallel, he was scientific director of the German Biomass Research Center (DBFZ) from 2008 to 2010.
- The Executive Board proposes that Prof. Dr. Rolf Bracke, Fraunhofer IEG be appointed to the Scientific Advisory Board for the term of office from January 1, 2023 to December 31, 2026.
Prof. Rolf Bracke has been joint director of the Fraunhofer IEG with Prof. Mario Ragwitz since December 2019. Previously, as founding director and chairman of the board, he established the International Geothermal Center Bochum (GZB) as a NRW joint research institution of science and industry since 2003. The GZB was transferred to the IEG on January 1, 2020 as the Bochum branch of the institute. Within the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, Rolf Bracke coordinates research on the dimension of heat for the institutes of the Fraunhofer Energy Alliance and the Cluster of Excellence Integrated Energy Systems. As a full professor at the Ruhr University Bochum, he holds the chair for Geothermal Energy Systems at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering. There, the geologist, who holds a doctorate and degree from RWTH Aachen University, sees himself as a bridge builder between the natural sciences and engineering. Previously, he held the professorship for Geothermal and Environmental Engineering in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Bochum University of Applied Sciences from 2002 to 2020 and was Vice President for Research between 2006 and 2009.
The executive board submits these proposals to the general assembly of members for voting in accordance with § 15 (3) of the statutes.