The DGMK board of directors invites to the ordinary general meeting 2019 in the conference zone of the Wintershall Dea House in Hamburg according to §10 paragraph 3 of the statutes. Immediately following the general meeting, a lecture event of the Hamburg-Bremen regional group will take place, to which members and guests are cordially invited.
DGMK-Event / DGMK
Ordinary General Assembly of the DGMK 2019
1. Opening of the above mentioned general meeting 2019 by the chairman of the DGMK, Mr. Dirk Warzecha.
2. Adoption of the DGMK annual report for 2018; the annual report was published in the journal ERDÖL ERDGAS KOHLE; see EEK 135, issue 5, 234- 245 (2019)
3. Acceptance of the auditors' report and approval of the annual accounts for the financial year from 01.01.2018 to 31.12.2018; see EEK 135, issue 5, p. 244 (2019) of the annual report for 2018.
4. Discharge of the executive board for the year 2018.
5. Discharge of management for the year 2018.
6. Amendments to the articles of association (article 10 (6) and (7) of the articles of association), see annex.
7. Report of the management board on the development of the company in the current year 2019.
8. Report of the board of directors on the financial situation of the company with an outlook for 2020 and approval of the budget for 2020. Adoption of the dues schedule for 2020 (Article 10(1) of the articles of association).
9. Election of members of the board of directors (Article 11 (3) of the statutes).
10. Appointments to the scientific advisory board (§ 15 (3) of the statutes); see the following proposals of the executive board.
11. Election of the auditors of the DGMK for the fiscal year 2020; the executive board proposes the election of RWE Power AG and Total Energie Deutschland GmbH
If you have any further proposals for the agenda, please send a written notice to the DGMK office by 17 October 2019.
Note on Agenda Item 6 "Amendments to the Articles of Association"
1. In view of current developments in climate policy, the Coal and Biomass Refining Division will be reorganised. In the future, the division will provide scientific support for the transition from the use of carbon from fossil to renewable sources. It is concerned with the conversion and use of carbon-based materials. At its events, the innovations are intensively discussed. The executive board therefore proposes to reflect this in the statutes by changing the name of the Division of Coal and Biomass Refinement to "Division of Conversion of Carbon Carriers" (see § 2 para. 1 d and § 13 para. 1 d of the statutes).
2. According to § 18 para. 4 of the statutes, the society may award prizes for outstanding scientific work by young German scientists. The DGMK regularly awards these prizes at its not only solely German but also international events. The restriction to "young German scientists" as candidates worthy of an award is no longer appropriate. It is, however, indispensable that the award-worthy work be carried out at German universities or research institutions. The executive committee therefore proposes that § 18 (4) be amended as follows: By resolution of the executive board, outstanding scientific work by younger junior researchers at German universities or research institutions may be honoured by awards.
- The executive committee submits these proposals to the general meeting for voting in accordance with § 10 Para. 6 and 7 of the statutes.
Comment on Agenda Item 9 "Election of members of the Executive Board
1. On 31.12.2019 the statutory term of office of Mr Prof. Dr.-Ing. Reinhold Elsen as head of the DGMK Division for Coal and Biomass Refinement ends. The Division of Coal and Biomass Refinement proposes to re-elect Prof. Elsen as head of the division and thus to the DGMK board of directors for the term of office from 01.01.2020 to 31.12.2023.
2. Mr. Dr. Dirk Elvermann would like to give up his office as treasurer of the DGMK at his own request on 31.12.2019.
The executive board proposes that Mr. Frederic Sager (34), head of finance division, Neptune Energy Deutschland GmbH, be elected treasurer and thus member of the DGMK's executive board for the period from 1.1.2020 to 31.12.2023.
After a dual study of business administration at Neptune in Lingen as well as an MBA at the International School of Management (ISM), Mr. Sager worked as a project manager in various areas of Neptune. From 2018 until today, he is responsible for controlling, accounting, sales & royalties, business development and economics in the position of division manager financial services.
3. The death of Prof. Ernst at the beginning of 2019 made the position of head of the DGMK Division of Petrochemistry vacant.
The Division of Petrochemistry proposes to appoint Mr. Professor Dr. Dieter Vogt (57), holder of the Chair of Technical Chemistry, Faculty of Biochemical and Chemical Engineering at the TU Dortmund University, to be elected head of the Division of Petrochemistry and thus member of the DGMK board of directors for the period from 1.1.2020 to 31.12.2023
Prof. Vogt studied chemistry at the University of Essen and habilitated at the Technical Institute of the RWTH Aachen. From 1999 to 2012 he was head of the Chair of Inorganic Chemistry and Coordination Chemistry at Eindhoven University of Technology and then moved to the University of Edinburgh, where he was head of the Chair of Industrial Chemistry. In spring 2017, Dieter Vogt accepted a call to the Technical University of Dortmund to succeed Arno Behr. His scientific work focuses on homogeneous catalysis, the recovery of catalysts and the use of new materials for catalytic processes as well as the use of membrane reactors for homogeneous catalytic processes.
- The executive board submits these proposals to the general assembly of members for voting in accordance with § 11 (3) or § 13 (4) of the articles of association.
Note to Agenda Item 10 "Appointments to the Scientific Advisory Board"
1. On 31.12.2019 the statutory term of office of these gentlemen ends: Prof. Dr. Bernhard Cramer, Sächsisches Oberbergamt, and Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Jess, University of Bayreuth, as members of the scientific advisory board of the DGMK. Prof. Cramer has announced that he wishes to resign from the advisory board. Prof. Jess is willing to continue his work in the advisory board.
The executive board proposes to reappoint Prof. Jess to the scientific advisory board of the DGMK for the term of office from 1.1.2020 to 31.12.2023.
2. The executive board proposes to appoint Mr. Prof. Dr. Christoph Hilgers, Director of the Institute for Applied Geosciences at the Karlsruher Institut für Technologie, for the term of office from 01.01.2020 to 31.12.2023.
Prof. Hilgers (13.10.1968) studied geology at the RWTH Aachen and applied structural geology & rock mechanics at Imperial College London. He worked as a scientific assistant at the RWTH Aachen and habilitated under Prof. Janos Urai. After several research stays in the USA, Australia and the Netherlands, he held the professorship for reservoir petrology at RWTH Aachen University from 2010 to 2016. Since 2016, he is university professor of structural geology and tectonics and director of the Institute of Applied Geosciences at KIT.
- The executive board submits these proposals to the general assembly of members for voting in accordance with § 15 (3) of the statutes.