Call for Proposals DGMK Advancement Award for Young Scientists
1. The DGMK awards the DGMK Advancement Award for Young Scientists for outstanding scientific work by young scientists at German universities (§ 18 (4) of the statutes). In the case of awards for work in the fields of exploration, deep drilling technology, and the extraction and storage of oil, and natural gas, the award is supplemented by the "Georg Hunaeus Prize". In the case of awards for work in the fields of processing and application of mineral oil, natural gas and their derivatives, petrochemistry, as well as the gasification, liquefaction and pyrolysis of coal, and the further processing of the resulting products, the sponsorship prize is awarded the additional "Carl-Zerbe-Prize". As a rule, prize winners should not be older than 35 years when the award is presented. The prize winners are obliged to report on their work during a DGMK event (Georg-Hunaeus lecture or Carl-Zerbe lecture). The lectures will be published in the body of the DGMK.
2. The DGMK Advancement Award for Young Scientists is awarded at unspecified intervals, at most twice a year.
3. The prize consists of a certificate and an amount of money, which is determined by the board of directors.
4. The prize is presented by a member of the board during a conference or general meeting of the DGMK or its departments.
5. The DGMK Advanecment Award for Young Scientists is publicly advertised in the DGMK body. Reasoned proposals for the award can be submitted to the DGMK by anyone. Own applications are possible.
6. The decision on the awarding of the prize is made by the DGMK board on the proposal of the management of the department responsible for the subject. Appropriate experts can be called in.
The DGMK Advancement Award for Young Scientists is a continuation of the former Carl-Zerbe-Prize of the DGMK and the former DVGI Prize for Young Scientists. The DGMK Advancement Award for Young Scientists 2022 is hereby publicly announced. Reasoned proposals for the award are requested to the DGMK management by 30 June 2021:
DGMK German Society for Petroleum and Coal Science and Technology
Dr. Gesa Netzeband
Überseering 40, 22297 Hamburg