About the Course
The course aims to provide an overview of the full workcycle from early exploration to development and production of hydrocarbons.
The course modules are:
- Geodynamics and Basin Formation
- Structural Geology
- Source Rocks and Geochemistry
- Generation of Oil and Gas
- Sedimentology and Characteristics of Petroleum Reservoirs
- Fundamentals of Petroleum Systems Analysis and Basin Modeling
- Play-Based Exploration
- The Exploration-Appraisal-Development Workflow
- Introduction to Engineering Disciplines and Technologies in Exploration and Production
- Digression: Linking hydrocarbon migration to ore formation (Hartwig Frimmel, University of Würzburg)
The course is aimed for students, PhD students, young professionals and employees of the E&P industry with a geoscientific or petroleum engineering background who wish to learn about the fundamentals of the formation of sedimentary basins and petroleum deposits and also acquire a solid understanding of all components of the exploration-production value chain and work cycle and the interfaces of the various E&P disciplines.