In accordance with §10 para. 3 of the Statutes, the DGMK Board invites you to the Annual General Meeting 2021, which this year will be held as a hybrid event.
DGMK-Event / DGMK
Annual General Meeting of the DGMK 2021
- Opening of the o. General Assembly 2021 by the chairman of the DGMK, Mr. Dirk Warzecha.
- Adoption of the DGMK annual report for 2020; the annual report was published in the journal ERDÖL ERDGAS KOHLE; see EEK 137, issue 5/2021, pp. 34- 49.
- Receipt of the auditors' report and adoption of the annual accounts for the financial year from 01.01.2020 to 31.12.2020; see EEK 137, issue 5/2021, p. 47 of the annual report for 2020.
- Discharge of the Board of Directors for the year 2020.
- Discharge of the management for the year 2020.
- Presentation of the future strategy of the DGMK by the management and the heads of the departments
- Amendments to the Articles of Association (§10 Para. 6 and 7); see the proposals of the Executive Board below.
- Report of the Board of Directors on the development of the Company in the current year 2021.
- Report of the heads of the departments of the DGMK
- Report of the Board of Directors on the financial situation of the Society with an outlook for 2022 and approval of the budget for 2022. Adoption of the subscription rules for 2022.
(Article 10(1) of the Articles of Association).
- Election of members of the Executive Board (§ 11 para. 3 of the Articles of Association); see the proposals of the Executive Board below.
- Appointments to the Scientific Advisory Board (§ 15 para. 3 of the Statutes); see the proposals of the Executive Board below.
- Appointment of an honorary member (§ 18 para. 2, §5 para. 2, §4 para. 2 of the Statutes); see the following proposal of the Executive Board.
- Election of the auditors of the DGMK for the financial year 2022; the Board proposes to elect ExxonMobil Central Europe Holding GmbH and Neptune Energy Deutschland GmbH.
The general meeting will be followed by the award ceremony of the Carl Zerbe Prize to Dr. Thomas Seidensticker and the lecture of the prize winner.
If you have any other suggestions for the agenda, please let me know in writing to the DGMK office by 15 October 2021.
Comment on agenda item 7 "Amendments to the Articles of Association":
The current long name no longer reflects the range of activities of the DGMK and makes it increasingly difficult to cooperate with stakeholders from the entire energy sector. Therefore, the Board proposes the following name:
DGMK German Scientific Society for Sustainable Energy, Mobility and Carbon Cycles e.V.
The Executive Board therefore proposes to express this in the Articles of Association (see § 1 para. 1 of the Articles of Association).
You can read background on the proposed name change in the EEK editorial in the September issue.
In principle, a virtual general meeting is only permissible if the statutes of the association expressly provide for this possibility.
In order to nevertheless enable virtual general meetings during the Corona period, the legislator has reacted with the Covid-19 Act: Pursuant to Art. 2 § 5 of the Covid-19 Act, a general meeting of members may be held purely virtually from 28 March 2020 to 31 December 2021 even without a corresponding provision in the articles of association. This special provision will therefore end at the end of 2021, and from 1 January 2022 virtual general meetings will only be permitted if they are explicitly provided for in the articles of association. The DGMK aims to return to face-to-face meetings, but would like to include the option of a virtual general meeting in the statutes for future exceptional situations. Therefore the board proposes the following addition to §10 Abs (2):
The ordinary general meeting of members shall be held annually. Upon resolution of the Board or upon written request of at least 10 % of the members, an extraordinary General Meeting shall be convened. The general meeting can also be held as a so-called virtual meeting or as a hybrid event. Whether these forms or a presence event should take place, the board of directors announces with the invitation.
3. change of name of the Department of Exploration and Production to Geo-Energy Systems & Underground Technology.
Due to the current reorientation of the Department of Exploration and Production, which, in addition to the traditional topics related to oil and gas production, intends to devote much more attention to geothermal energy, hydrogen and underground storage, this department would also like to give itself a new name, Geo-Energy Systems & Underground Technology. This proposal was decided on 15.09.2021 at the department meeting.
The Executive Board therefore proposes to reflect this in the Articles of Association by changing the name of the Exploration and Production Department to "Fachbereich Geo-Energy Systems & Underground Technology"(see § 13 para. 1 a of the Articles of Association).
4. §2 Para.(1) a) The purpose of the Company is the promotion of science, research, technology and further education in the fields of a) exploration, deep drilling technology, production and storage of crude oil and natural gas,
is adjusted accordingly to
(a) exploration, production and storage of energy sources such as oil, natural gas, hydrogen and geothermal use of the deep underground
- The executive committee submits these proposals to the general meeting for voting in accordance with § 10 Para. 6 and 7 of the statutes.
Comment on agenda item 11 "Election of board members":
1. Dr. Heinrich Herm Stapelberg resigns at his own request from his office as member of the board of the DGMK, responsible in particular for member affairs, as of 31.12.2021. The Board proposes, Dr. Ritva Westendorf-Lahouse for the term of office 01.01.2022 to 31.12.2025 to the Board of Directors of the DGMK with responsibility for membership matters.
Dr. Ritva Westendorf-Lahouse (49) is Public & Governments Affairs Manager, ExxonMobil Central Europe as of November 1, 2021. Since 2001, she worked first at BEB Erdgas und Erdöl GmbH, then at ExxonMobil in both legal and communications roles. Before moving to Hamburg, she was Communications Director at IOGP (International Association of Oil & Gas Producers) in London for two years. She holds a doctorate in law and lives with her family in Hamburg.
2. Dirk Warzecha resigns from his position as Chairman of the Board of DGMK at his own request as of 31.12.2021. The Board proposes, Robert Frimpong be elected Chairman of the DGMK for the term of office from 01.01.2022 to 31.12.2025.
Robert Frimpong has a degree in petroleum engineering. He has been with Wintershall Dea (formerly Wintershall) since 2002. He headed the Netherlands, UK and Denmark Business Unit until 2020 and was Managing Director of Wintershall Noordzee in Rijswijk, the Netherlands. Prior to that, he held various management positions at Wintershall (in Kassel), including Vice President Technology. R. Frimpong has been Head of the German business of Wintershall Dea, Hamburg, since January 2021.
- The Executive Board shall submit these proposals to the General Meeting for a vote in accordance with Article 11 (3) of the Articles of Association.
Comment on agenda item 12 "Appointments to the Scientific Advisory Board":
1. on 31.12.2021 the statutory term of office of Messrs. Prof. Dr.-Ing. Matthias ReichFreiberg University of Technology and Prof. Dr. mont. Peter Reichetsederas members of the Scientific Advisory Board of the DGMK. Both gentlemen are willing to continue to participate in the advisory board.
The Board proposes to reappoint Prof. Reich and Prof. Reichetseder to the Scientific Advisory Board of the DGMK for the term of office from 01.01.2022 to 31.12.2025.
- The executive board submits these proposals to the general assembly of members for voting in accordance with § 15 (3) of the statutes.
Comment on agenda item 13 "Appointment of honorary members":
Members who have rendered outstanding services to the Society may, with the consent of the members, be granted honorary membership in the DGMK. Dr. Peter J. Seifried is proposed for this.
Dr. Peter J. Seifried was head of the Processing and Application Department from 01.01.2001 to 31.12.2012 and subsequently a member of the departmental management in his role as chairman of the VSI until today.
During his time as Chairman, he has been involved in the following issues, among others:
- Reduction potentials of greenhouse gases in German refineries / CO2 monitoring for the climate protection declaration of refineries
- SCC Safety Certificate Contractors
- vapour recovery at petrol stations
- Urea as a reducing agent for lowering NOX emissions from truck diesel engines (AdBlue)
- Research on conventional and advanced biofuels
- Establishment of process safety in DGMK
- Expansion of public research funding via IGF (BMWi)
In 2006, Dr. Seifried was also involved in the negotiations on the organisation of the FAM in order to secure sustainable financing and actively participated as a member of the German National Committee of the World Petroleum Council, among others at several congresses.
Through his manifold activities in V&A, FAM and DNK he has rendered outstanding services to the DGMK and shall therefore be appointed honorary member.
- The Executive Board shall submit these proposals to the General Meeting for a vote in accordance with § 18 para. 2, §5 para. 2 and §4 para. 2 of the Articles of Association).